View Single Post
Old 05-13-18, 09:06 AM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1745 Post(s)
Liked 1,373 Times in 720 Posts
Deacon Mark, I had the Road Classic from Habby, and now have the cyclocross frame. Having been a Serrota and Litespeed dealer in the past, they have no advantage over the Habby. Stiffness and ride quality are first rate on the Habanero, and I dare say that even a custom ti frame will have a hard time bettering the Habby frame. I think Mark has done an excellent job in spec'ing the tubing. The dropouts match the frame stiffness. I can say that frame stiffness of the Habby is excellent.
I put a Surly Crosscheck fork on the bike and it rivals the comfort of my Miyata 1000. Had a carbon fork I was going to use, however I wanted something more compliant. Put a compliant steel fork on your Nuovo Road and it will really demonstrate the level of comfort and stiffness of the frame. Incidentally, I run Campag Nuovo Record, yes, the old 6 speed stuff and because Mark had the sense to have a longer derailleur hanger spec'd on the dropout I am able to comfortably run a 28 tooth cog with a 39 ring. Mark knows his stuff. Best ti bike I have ridden and owned.