Old 11-16-16, 10:41 AM
finch204

Bikes: 2013 Trek 4.7 Flatbar Madone, 2018 Giant Roam 2

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by badger1
Very, very nice (and clean!) conversion, @finch204.

So glad you avoided any hint of this kind of travesty (comment is purely personal opinion/aesthetic; people can and should do whatever they want with their bikes):
Thanks! Oh my, I am not a fan of how that bike looks.

Originally Posted by coominya
Fair enough too, I use clipless and they can cause issues. You might want to keep an open mind about cages (loosely set) though. I used them, toe clips most call them, for years and years and if you have the straps loose they are simple to escape from. I like them or clipless because they allow you to basically forget where your feet are. You can pedal super fast, stand up, corner aggressively, all the while being relaxed that your feet wont slip off. They look cool too. Especially these styles.
I've read that toe clips + straps are the worst pedal retention system available. That's just what I've read. I've never actually rode a bike with them installed.

If I were to upgrade my pedals and my only reason for doing so is to make sure my feet stays in place when spinning, I would most likely go for Power Grips first, Click'r pedals second. If I didn't have a bad knee, I would probably be riding with clipless pedals today.

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
I mentioned in the other thread how much I loved the look of your bike, what it also reminds me of is the F1 car of the Williams F1 team of 2003ish.
Oh right, the color scheme looks very similar!