Old 09-09-19, 04:32 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyMK
We learn nothing, we already know.

That's why I don't ride on roads. The Advocacy of safety forum.

Read every thread. It's pointless me doing it. Topic after topic after topic... Every problem. Because.. riding on roads.

That's why I don't ride on roads. It's bliss.
Originally Posted by Daniel4
That's why these types of websites are called discussion forums. We discuss things. Don't expect anybody to resolve problems here that lawmakers couldn't for the past 100 years.

There may be good ideas here and there for people with specific concerns to try out, but as you can see, for every concern there may be a hundred different variations of solutions.
So true.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
(from a now-closed thread) I think I have absorbed all the good advice I can for a complete and agreeable cycling lifestyle, and recently I have clicked on many fewer threads than before. In the past I have offered IMO several useful suggestions about cycling, particularly for winter and urban cycling, to multiple repetitive threads. They are usually lost in the morass of often scores of replies, both in agreement and dispute with mine.

I’m not especially motivated to read or write about rides in areas I will never visit, or bikes I would not buy.
Other cyclists’ biking stories are often meaningful to me, but usually not consequential enough for a reply. Frankly, now my main enjoyment is reading the personal clashes on the various threads, such as these current ones: "I work with a moron", or ”How often do you check your mirror?.”
Originally Posted by Daniel4
As far as the problem being in the driver's eyes goes, I'm glad that over thirty years ago when I went house shopping, I knew I wanted something on the East side of the city. No morning or evening sun in my eyes during my commutes.
Good planning, and indisputably good advice if you can pull it off (and if you are commuting West).