View Single Post
Old 01-13-20, 04:11 PM
Olefeller77 

Bikes: Trek Marlin 6 29r - Scattanti road bike w carbon fork - Trek 6500 - Univega Alpina 503 - Specialized Sworks M4 made in USA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 57 Posts
New to me Azuki 10 speed

I had seen a yellow bike in the corner of a garage at an estate sale this weekend. It was still dressed in dust and cobwebs gained from years of storage. I had never heard of this brand and a license sticker was still in place for 1973 to 1975 . I thought the $40.00 tag price was high so I asked for a last day sale quote. She sold it to me for $10.00 After getting it out in good light, I think I may have been a bit loose with my $10.00 .
The frame appears to be steel, but I have no idea of quality. I don't have any pictures yet but from web search it is the popular yellow color for this bike. The decals seem faded and some partly missing but a Texas company has a full decal set for it . Handlebars seem very narrow .
Have any of you ridden one of these? It would be enjoyable to work on it IF it is worthwhile. If not I will wash it up good, oil the chain , and give it a lift to the Salvation Army store.
I would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you