Old 10-10-15, 04:37 AM
North Coast Joe

Bikes: Couple of rigid MTB's and a fixed gear

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 3wheelgranny

I'm going to let some of the air out of my tires, and see if that helps (they are pumped up to 60#), but, any other advice?

I've recently experienced what you're currently feeling about trike handling, but it DOES get better.

I bought a used, beaten down Worksman Adaptable for my son who doesn't balance well. In the process of rebuilding it over the Summer, I had a chance to ride it extensively.

Initially the handling is most upsetting, it wanting to pull to the right on the crown and also 'cause the left rear is the drive wheel. It's WAY different than the feeling of a bicycle. The good news is that with regular riding, I got quite adjusted to the feeling and am quite confident zipping along (OK, it's an SS so 8-15 mph) with only the left hand on the bars with a light guiding touch. Even cornering got predictable with minor weight shifting from me providing a secure feeling around turns at speed!

I'd keep those tire pumped to the top end of their inflation specs, and just go for short rides until you get more comfortable. It's probably not your Meridian, it's just getting used to delta comfort/industrial trikes. It's very cool, but quite different, once you've got more milage.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
003r.jpg (95.5 KB, 384 views)