Old 01-17-16, 06:52 PM
GeoKrpan
George Krpan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
Sherman Oaks, North Hills, Pacoima, San Frenando maybe Chatsworth you might find a Fixed gear community but not so much for cities up PCH or 101 between Calabasas and Thousand Oaks. There are some big Road bike clubs up there. Lots of hills and the trip down PCH from Oxnard to Redondo is epic for Bike clubs.

By by the time you get into LA you see a lot more Fixies and they show up in Long Beach a lot. I see a lot more Gravel Grinders off the 118 freeway from Simi Valley to Pamona.

I will ill heading out to Palm Springs this weekend and it should be packed with all kinds of bikes from bents to race teams on the newest bikes made of unobtainium and sporting Di2 and E-tap SRAM. Might be a few Velomobilies as well. The weather is supposed to be in the high 60s to low 70s with a light wind so it should be a nice time for a ride.
I call the Conejo Valley the great fixie desert. I went to CycLAvia and there were 15000 fixies. The people riding carbon fiber and racing dudz really looked like geeks in that setting.