Old 10-17-18, 01:47 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Friends, or at least friends with cars willing to chauffeur the car-less ideologue about, are probably not likely for someone verbal about his dislike for the activities of members of the "automotivist culture" and/or an unwillingness to spend money for his own transportation.
^THIS is not me. I don't care who owns what or who drives what, when. I don't own a car because I don't want / need one. Strictly a monetary decision. If I were rich, I would own a car without a doubt. And an efficiency apartment with a 4-car garage for all my cars, boats, campers, and motorcycles.

I do not consider myself part any cycling or environmental "culture" in any way. Strictly a monetary decision. If I owned a dependable car I would then have to give up a lot of other things I love. And my health insurance at $730/month. Everything in life is a trade-off.

I don't have friends because I don't enjoy the company of others. I have the perfect wife with a thousand friends of her own - all of whom leave me alone most of the time. Kayaking is ruined with some other person blathering on about things I do not care about.

I seriously doubt that everybody in Car-Free is some kind of cult member, although I have seen a few here.

Last edited by JoeyBike; 10-17-18 at 01:53 PM.