Old 03-08-19, 07:40 PM
spinnaker
Every day a winding road

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3394 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts
Not knowing if you are up for the ride always bothers me. When I was younger I was a lot more bolder. It doesn't help that I was away from touring for about 2 years due health issues and family issues.

The other thing is touring alone. Did it for the first time last year and I did fine though it was an easy trip. But touring alone and not being certain if you are up for the challenge sort of go hand in hand. I think that touring partners have the benefit of drawing confidence from one another.

It is also nice having someone to share experiences with. My touring partner has fallen of the face of the planet. All of our mutual acquaintances have not heard from him at all. But back when we would do weekend rides together we would often reminisce over a number of tours we did together. It was sort of fun.

As far as actually touring not much that bothers me. Rain maybe. But when you look back it really was not all that bad and sort of sticks out in your head. I remember a few times in Italy near Como. I swear that area is cursed for me.

Last edited by spinnaker; 03-08-19 at 07:43 PM.