View Single Post
Old 03-14-19, 05:42 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by smashndash

If the LB wheels were exactly as aero/light/wide as the mainstream competition I’d have no problem buying that. But they didn’t just reverse engineer their competitors... they seemingly out-engineered them by making something more aero/light/wide... again, at a fraction of the cost. That’s what concerns me. If it were as easy as just reverse engineering, at least a couple western companies would have come up with something to match them by now.

What am I missing here?
They didn't out engineer them...what is more, many people are of the opinion Zipp and ENVE are overpriced. It needs noted that ENVE hasn't been able to even turn a profit for well over a year now--as a result ENVE is up for sale (again). Whereas Zipp was bought out by SRAM 10 years ago, and most people know the pricing shenanigans SRAM plays with their product (MAP=MSRP). And both ZIPP and ENVE have had their own teething issues.

LB has been around for a while. One of my coworkers bought had a dozen sets for a shop team 5 years ago (back when Am Classic hubs were still a thing) his only dislike were the alloy nips. I don't really have any dislikes about my set.