View Single Post
Old 03-14-19, 11:12 AM
noodle soup

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 998 Posts
Originally Posted by smashndash

I have very little reason to believe that LB rims would be anything but reliable. However, that would mean believing that almost every single other mainstream wheel manufacturer is basically scamming us out of our money by charging us hand over fist and providing us with technologically inferior wheels.
A friend of mine is a CF framebuilder that purchases tubing from Enve and Rock West Composites. He has sent tubing samples from both to be tested by Mitsubishi Chemical Carbon Fiber and Composites, and the results were indistinguishable from one another. One big difference is that Enve charges over twice as much for the same tubing.

Besides ease of communication, can anyone provide me with a good reason to go with a mainstream wheel over LB? I’m just out here looking for a “catch”. I get very uncomfortable around deals with no “catch”. Usually the catch is $$$.
Communication hasn't been an issue with LB, other than the time difference. Every email I've sent(usually around 10am Pacific time) gets a reponse at around 11pm Pacific.