Old 04-03-19, 11:21 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts
I got to the source of my frustration in the Training Status topic with my final post on this subject over there.

At the end of the day, any disappointments over a workout or training ride format or losing a group ride or whatever didn't matter. What mattered was that people weren't respecting people's safety. And that pissed me off.

I wrote a bunch of drivel complaining about team tactics or some BS because I couldn't really put a finger on what it actually was. It takes me a while to get there.

Everyone deserves to make it home. You lead the group into oncoming traffic twice, and lead the group up the wrong way up a road divider to cut a corner faster............then I ain't got anything for you. The same stuff happened a year prior at the same ride. It didn't matter that much that time as a year ago I had gotten dropped with the other 2/3 of the crowd and then the problems stopped. I never made it with those folks last year to the wrong-way turn deal.

I'm not OK riding with folks on a group ride that'll run you up wrong-way traffic to shave 5 seconds off a turn.

End of story.