View Single Post
Old 05-17-19, 02:32 AM
Rooni

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by taras0000
You need to be fit to get fast. Without a decent aerobic base, you won't be able to make it through a sprint workout.

This is a link to a post from another thread. You'll probably come across some similarities from your foray into rowing. If you have any questions, kepp them coming.
Thank you for the link. So I have swapped out a Watt Bike session for a rollers session - a) because I need to be able to ride rollers comfortably and b) to improve my bike handling, but also I found them quite a tough workout and have no problem nearing my max heart rate.

My session consists of 2x20 minute Watt Bike warm ups with a 5 minute break in between.

Watt Bike 20 Minute Warm Up: 5 minutes 90rpm, 2 minutes 95rpm, 2 minutes 100 rpm, 2 minutes 105rpm, 1:30 minutes 110rpm, 30 seconds 115rpm, 2 minutes 90rpm, 6 seconds Rev Out, 1 minute 90rpm, 6 seconds Rev Out, 1 minute 90rpm, 6 seconds Rev Out, 2:42 minutes 90rpm.

Something I really struggle with on rollers is bouncing in the saddle at the high cadences. Does anyone have any advice on how to reduce this?