View Single Post
Old 10-19-20, 06:06 PM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked 774 Times in 260 Posts
Marin Four Corners weight loss

My gf just acquired a 2019 Marin Four Corners for some tours we are planning for next year. During the test drive she was very happy with the function of the bike in shifting, braking etc... but found it a tad heavier than desired, however the price (and that it was equipped with racks, bags, pump) made it a no- brainer buy.
Upon getting it home I made a few changes that might have shaved off a pound or two and we have 35” Panracer Gravel Kings coming to replace the aggressive 42” WTB’s that it came with.
My question concerns the possibility of removing the front disc brake assembly and installing a rim brake to shave off a bit more weight. What challenges does this present? Can a rim brake be used on a wheel that doesn’t have a polished braking surface?