Old 11-26-16, 04:14 PM
rallymaster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alathIN
I got a 19.5"
I am just a skosche shy of 6"1' with proportionately shorter legs, and the frame is big but good for me - very glad I didn't get the smaller one and the taller one would have been WAY too big.
My guess is it will be fine for you.
BD has a "sizing quiz" where you measure your standover and answer a few questions, and they recommend a size. I'd do that just for the a second opinion.

What dimension of the BB do you want measured?

Just FYI, everything at BD is always "on sale."
They do tend to make a big run of bikes all at once, though, and when those run out it is unpredictable how long you will have to wait for them to restock.

Just one fit issue - I was noticing a bit of upper body fatigue and wound up cutting 1/2" off the ends of the bars.
Odd because I almost always find the bars too narrow and often replace them a size larger on other bikes; my touring bike has the widest bars 3T makes. But the Motobecane ones ware just a nudge too wide for me.

Thanks for all the advice for starters, sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner, ironically I went under the weather shortly after purchasing the bike late last night. Sounds like we are about the same torso size, I got the 19.5 too, I rode a lot of bikes and that is the size that I turned out being. Good tip on the handlebars.

I guess the measurements I need are located in another forum, electricbike forum to be exact. I think a tape measure would work if you don't have a caliper. I guess I also need to worry about the chainstay bopping out too quick, might you be able to get a pic or measurement?

I bought the bike last night because they have a BF deal, I noticed they always have sales, but I have seen things go up and down. Last night this bike went to 799 so I bit even though I wanted a fatty.

Thanks again!