Old 11-28-19, 09:34 AM
Armlesscyclist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Hello from Germany - I donīt have arms but still ride my bike.

I am a 36 years old woman who lives in Germany.
1,5 years ago I divorced my husband and now I am single.
I have a great job and live alone in a wonderful house in the woods near the sea.

Like my username and the headline to this thread says, I donīt have arms
I was born without them so I have been armless all my life.
When I was very young (1-2 years old) I started to use my feet and toes to do everything, so my feet are my hands and my toes are my fingers.
I can do everything with them including cooking, eating, writing, driving, put in and take out my contact lenses, etc, etc, etc

However riding a bike is a little tricky, because I only have two feet. If I were to put my feet on the handlebar I wouldnīt have any feet to pedal me forward - and visa versa
For fun and for very short distances I can ride my bike with one foot one the pedal and one on the handlebar.
But when I need to ride longer distances I put on a special harness on my shoulders. On each shoulder a 2 foot long piece of wire is attached. The wires end with a loop that I put around the handlebar and then I can steer by moving my shoulders back and forth.
My bike has a foot brake and the gear selector is placed on the frame just above the pedals, to make it easy for me to operate with my toes

I joined this forum because I would like to ride more than I do now, and I hope to get tips and tricks to help me do this.

Also I would like to inspire others, by showing that nothing is impossible and where there is a will there is a way (ought to be a big-toe-up emoji )
So donīt be afraid to ask if you are curious or if there is anything you want to know

Last edited by Armlesscyclist; 11-30-19 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Forgot gender.
Likes For Armlesscyclist: