Old 01-16-20, 01:29 AM
TheDudeIsHere

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
I love it! I feel safer riding at night feeling more visible to traffic. 2 rear red strobe blinkies, one on seat post, the other on back of helmet. 2 headlights though one is good. Someone in another forum said cycling at night for fun and fitness is very dangerous. WHAT! Inexperienced cyclist I guess.

I ride up to the foothills where traffic is lighter. I ride up back roads at the slower rate 4%-10% grades. Then descend on a big avenue with a wide bike lane at speeds up to 30 MPH. I know the road well. Seems when I ride at night, traffic is very forgiving and courteous. Most will wave me on most situations.

I have no problem seeing at night, wearing clear glasses. Ankle bands for good side visibility.

A ride up a local mountain road known as GMR (Glendora Mtn Rd). 8 mile climb with 2300 ft gain. Had a few friends go up. Maybe 2 cars that night. Group of 20, many forum members, couldn't miss us!

This is my wife coming up around a turn, can't miss the light.

We were all descending together. The red lights don't look like much in the pics but they are strobes so there is no way a car from behind would miss the strobes.

3 riders, hard to miss with strobes.

I FEEL SAFER AT NIGHT COMPARED TO THE DAYTIME HOURS WHERE MOST COLORS BLEND INTO THE BACKGROUND!

Last edited by TheDudeIsHere; 01-16-20 at 01:36 AM.
Likes For TheDudeIsHere: