Old 01-22-20, 02:41 AM
TXsailor

Bikes: Origin-8 Lactic Acid Giant Escape 2 Centurian Lemans 12 Kuwahara Tandem 1989 Ironman Expert 1988 Ironman Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by TriBiker19
And.......? Did it follow you home?
It did! No pictures yet but it looks like all the rest of the MV bikes. It came with two other steel bikes, a Specalized Hard Rock Ultra and a Bianchi Main Street. They are in fair shape and after being freshened up will likely go to grandkids. The MV also came with something I don't like but I took it anyway. It has a lovely fluted seat post that is very stuck in place. I took it anyway because I'm a idiot. Other than that it needs the usual for a old neglected bike, some touch up, tires, cables etc. It has a couple of little rust spots on the top tube cable guides but other than that is rust free.

I didn't even get to talk to the seller except on the phone. He works nights and wouldn't be up until after I could get there. He said the bikes will be on the front porch just put the money under the mat. He also told me the seat posts were free and that the Centurion was aluminum. Of course he was wrong on both counts.
I probably won't do much with any of them for a few weeks as I plan to work 6 days a week until March 31 then retire. Then I plan to finish the Ironman I am building for my daughter and start some new projects.

I can't figure out why but it feels smaller than my Purple Haze. They are both 56 cm. Maybe because it has 20 mm tires on it?
Likes For TXsailor: