Old 01-23-20, 12:09 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3192 Post(s)
Liked 2,460 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
Chances are >50/50 that I'm going. I'd ride an Ironman, for sure.
HNH100? Really? I guess if it is a bucket list kind of thing you should go for it. I spent enough time sweating my a$$ off there back in the day. If you are thinking about it, you better get your accommodations settled now. If you still have military connections, you might find accommodations at Sheppard AFB or the Army base in Lawton, OK. That is some uninspiring landscape In the wasteland that is the TX/OK border area. Where TXsailor lives is nicer terrain. How many would be in your group? I have one brother that lives there. If I made the trip, we could stay there. If I didn't make it, you could probably still stay there. My father is having a pacemaker put in on Monday. Maybe I need to take a trip back. Maybe not. The HVAC company next to me in the business park just hired a former Air Force serviceman from Oregon. He spent 2 years at Sheppard AFB. He said it was the worse place he had ever lived. If you are going, you might as well start listening to some Red Dirt Country now to get yourself acclimated to the area culture.

Just to put it out there, how many TX Ironmen/ladies would be going to that event?

Last edited by seypat; 01-23-20 at 12:42 PM.