Old 06-06-18, 12:46 PM
5001craig

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks!

Originally Posted by jasonsirota
I have an FX3 and have the Shimano A530 which have clip on one side and platforms on the other. They’re slightly more complicated to clip into if upside down but allow me to ride comfortably with either bike shoes or not.

Theres a thread called “Pedal Suggestions” where someone gave me various options.

Full disclosure, I was not even close in height--I was just excited to take her for a spin. The fine-tuning started when I got home with tools and will continue for a little while.
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
I can relate. getting the saddle adjusted just right (height, fore, after & angle, etc) with a new bike sometimes requires adjustments during a ride. don't feel bad if you wind up tweaking it several times. regarding pedals, I like mini (aka 1/2 clips) w/o straps. I also like cycling specific flat bottom MTB shoes, but not using the cleat feature

I'm thinking about the Shimano Deore XT PD-T8000 SPD Trekking MTB Bike Bicycle Track Pedals and a pair of Shimano Sh-ME3 Mountain Bike Shoe. My choices in shoes are limited as I believe I need size EU 49. Ordered an Ortleib Ultimate 6S Classic Handlebar Bag today. Need to suck it up and order an ABUS 540 U-Lock.

Or just ride it for a little while...