View Single Post
Old 03-30-20, 04:14 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 1,696 Times in 872 Posts
Originally Posted by hubcyclist
so how much of a zoo is the Minuteman and the other local paths? I do my training stuff indoors but I've been going out with my 8 year old who just started riding without assistance last week. He's already done rides of 5, 7.5 and >12miles so he's really gotten the bug. Our little neighborhood has a pretty closed off .25 mile loop, but it gets boring for me lol
We have the tri-community path nearby, but I really don't like it because it's a constant getting off to cross roads, so it would be nice to take him somewhere with a decent combo of uninterrupted riding and not just riding in circles, but I imagine the trails aren't probably the best idea right now just because of having to go around various walkers/slower users and having to keep a lookout for faster users is a lot for a newbie to handle at the moment.
In good weather, since the Great Pause started, the Minuteman is about as densely packed as I've ever seen it, with the added benefit that some of the densely-packed trail users are coronavirus vectors. Lots of pedestrians, lots of runners and skaters, lots of dog walkers, some clumped up in a manner at least irritating, plus cyclists spanning the full gamut of skill and courtesy, including quite a few very young ones, some supervised, some free-range. It can be a little daunting, but most people manage.

In weather like today's, cold, damp, and gray, it's reasonable. Except for the weather, of course.

rod