Old 02-07-18, 10:46 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 675 Times in 427 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
So, that doc was thinking PPI, but I was at my GP yesterday and she is 99% sure it's actually asthma, and that it was triggered a few times this year and the episodes have lasted months each because I wasn't using an inhaler and continued training and racing and such which never really allowed the mucus to clear out. I was given a nebeulizer treatment in office and a round of prednisone along with an inhaler, and I'll be seeing a pulminologist so they can perform a more comprehensive airflow test and likely prescribe a maintenance inhaler. I was diagnosed with exercise induced asthma when I was in high school but I never did anything about it, so this may be chickens coming home to roost.

I hope it's asthma anyway, seems way easier to manage than silent reflux. Also kinda excited to see what racing and training are like when I don't feel like I am drowning in mucus most of the time, has a way of taking some of the anger out of your legs when you're on the edge.

Also I have to say, USADA and WADA really seem quite reasonable as far as their substances lists go. Makes me a bit more skeptical of the accidental positives that kick around from time to time.
As someone on a daily maintenance inhaler and who has a rescue inhaler, I agree, the allowable amounts are fine. I did the math at one point, and I would have to take like 10x the daily dosage of my maintenance inhaler and 18x the recommended dosage of the rescue in haler before I hit the max. (Of course, that presumes that my body metabolizes this stuff normally.)

Also, I also enjoyed that Bebe's Kids reference (FB). In fact, I was a bit surprised when I saw the video clip still that I immediately said Bebe's Kids. I don't think I've thought about that movie in 25 years.