Old 09-11-18, 12:57 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Sal Bandini
Zebralight headlamps come in 3 different beam patterns. It sounds like you need the 80 degree, 12 degree spot version.
That was what I bought. There are two versions, All Flood and the 12 degree spot / 80 degree spill version. Not really much of a hot spot when in use. It works but I have to run the higher modes if I really want to see. As a senior MTB'er I tend to poke along at times. This little torch will heat up fast. When it does it will throttle back the output. If I'm running the 875 lumen H2 mode after about ten minutes I expect the output will likely drop down to somewhere around 700-750 lumen, depending on how hot it gets and how fast the battery drains. If I can get an hour and 20 minutes from one battery and still be able to see well I'll be fine.

What's ticking me off right now is that I really can't give it a decent test run because where I live ( after three days of rain ) my area is about to be hit with the remains of hurricane Florence. This might end up being one of the worse hurricanes to ever hit the east coast as it looks to be a slow mover. Might be weeks before any trails dry out and when they do there will likely be downed trees all over the place.