Old 09-13-18, 12:23 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
Walk into any 7 Eleven and ask for AAs and be directed to their location. Now do the same with 18650 and tell us what you get. I'm betting a vacant stare. If these are "common" you should have no trouble purchasing them in any store and with virtually universal recognition and understanding of what they are. Now stop it. I grow weary of debating these irrational posts.
Irrational....(?)....I see nothing said here in this thread that sounds irrational. Irritating ?....perhaps that would have been the better word to use. I'm guessing now that when you first said that AA's were more common that perhaps it would have been better to say that AA's were more conveniently found. Let's be fair though. I don't think I would choose 7-11 as my litmus test to judge commonality. If I go into a 7-11 and ask for any variety of common foods there is a good chance they won't have what I want. That wouldn't make the food I was asking for uncommon but rather not as conveniently found. Commonality is a relative term so it can be argumentative. Yes, AA's are generally easier to find and are commonly found in almost any convenience or drug store. On the other hand, most manufacturers of bike lights use Li-ion 18650 cells to power their newer lights. In the world of bike lighting, it is the AA cell that is now to be considered the "odd or unexpected" battery of choice for a bike light. ...Anyway, sorry if any of this upsets you. When I buy things I just go to the place where I know they are sold. If I can't find what I want then I might consider the item "uncommon" or perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place. Twenty years ago you would of been hard pressed to find a car USB charger anywhere except on the internet or a phone store. Now just go into any 7-11 and they are the first things you see.