Old 08-09-19, 03:16 PM
CrewFan

Bikes: Fuji Gran Fondo, Breezer Liberty r 1.3+, Fuji Absolute 2.1

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Oyo - @BobbyG and @dmitchell

Just giving a bit of a follow up - sorry it's been late coming (moved recently and I'm still unpacking life). I have been using the bike for just under a year and still really enjoy it and have increased my commute to 15 miles each way. I've got just under a 1k miles on it and really have no complaints. I did have an issue with my front fender coming in bent (plastic wouldn't straighten out), but I got that sorted out. I find the Liberty a bit heavy, but considering all the extras (rack, dyno lights, etc) that is to be expected. I have not had any really issues with it and it keeps trucking. My brother in law also got one of the Breezer Beltway bikes and loves it. He also uses it to commute about 10 miles each way and has had the same view. His bike a bit lighter, but doesn't have rack or dyno lights...

To be critical, the bike shop I got it from was a bit sloppy putting the bike together (performance), but as they were starting to get rumors of closing, I guess they were a bit distracted. Regardless, I had to work with them to get a few quirks worked out that were mostly just dialing the bike in to make it more comfortable for me.

If I were to do it again, I would buy a Breezer for sure, but maybe opt for the Cafe Doppler bike
Likes For CrewFan: