View Single Post
Old 10-16-15, 07:23 AM
MulliganAl

Bikes: 2007 Specialized Tarmac with Mavic ES wheels, 2009 Specialized Hardrock, 2014 Rivendell Sam Hillborne

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Goriot
Been wondering-
How much of the enjoyment about your commute is down to the joy of biking (feeling the breeze and getting a work out while getting to work, saving $$), vs the joy of not being a car (finding parking, paying for parking, getting tickets, stalled traffic, road rage, accidents, spending $$).
Since I take mass transit and have a monthly pass I don't save anything on my commute except my sanity. :-) When I get close to the end of my day I just can't wait to get on my bike and start riding, it's so much more enjoyable then being trapped in a metal can stuck on the expressway (especially during the summer in Georgia) during rush hour. Sometimes I pass the house and just keep going until I've cleared my head then I head home feeling like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Originally Posted by Goriot
Second-
What is the favourite part of YOUR commute? Mine is the final hill getting to work. If all the lights align, I get a long pure uphill right up to the front door and like to see how quickly I can get to work without getting too sweaty.
O-Yea, that final hill is an amazing sense of accomplishment, and in GA I have a few before I get to that last one. The other 'best part' of my ride is when I get past the inner city commuter traffic and reach the bike path, then I can really let go without fear of being hit by a crazy Georgia driver. That path will take me another 15 or so miles if I decide to pass the house and just keep riding.