Old 07-12-20, 07:24 PM
Kabuto

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 54 Posts
I received the Bailout cassette, installed it on my bike and finally went for a 35km test ride this morning. The verdict - I love it! It runs more quietly / smoothly than the original SRAM 10-42 cassette. Even the 9T cog feels smooth. Shifting is better too. With a gear inch range of 32 to 115, its a bit over the top, and I was thinking about swapping out the chainring for something smaller, but I managed to get up the steepest hills without any problem during my test ride today, so I'll leave at is for now.

A tip for anyone thinking about trying this cassette > when setting up the bike, thinking that I didn't need the long chain used for the 10-42T cassette, I tried several shorter chain lengths, but shifting from 9T to 10T was mediocre. So I tried the long chain, and boom, problem solved. Shifting is perfect. The way my derailleur (all derailleurs?) works, progressively longer chains increase chain wrap so it seems that the smallest sprocket likes as much chain wrap as possible (and a properly set B screw) for good shifting. I might even try a longer chain sometime.

Likes For Kabuto: