View Single Post
Old 08-03-20, 02:20 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18410 Post(s)
Liked 15,530 Times in 7,326 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I didn't know about that. I just assumed the guy was stupid.
It pissed me off to no end that they would activate an account without the extra security step of card activation. The fraud person I spoke with said “The account was opened on line. We didn’t know it wasn’t you who opened the account.” WTH? My response: “You also didn’t know if was me who opened the account.”

There was a card in my name and one with a name that was close to my mom’s name, including her middle initial. The phone number on the account was that of a nurse’s station at a Houston hospital. A few weeks later someone tried to open another account using my information, but I had put a fraud alert on things, so the card issuer called me for verification. I told her my story. She told me that there was a big ring running out of Houston. I think they got my information from a form I filled out when I went to an Ortho and got an MRI. I put my mom’s name as my emergency contact. That was maybe a month before the fraud. Figured people working in medical facilities were stealing IDs and exchanging information. Can’t think of any place else someone would have gotten all the necessary information together with my mom’s name.
Likes For indyfabz: