Thread: Newbies
View Single Post
Old 06-20-19, 01:05 PM
cyclinganomaly

Bikes: Trek Emonda SL, Trek Boone 7 Disc, Trek Superfly 6, and (waiting to be born) Trek Madone 9

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EnzoRWD
Second week update: the Conti Sprinters at 140psi were so-so much more stable. I felt a lot better and could hold my line easier. Still need a lot of practice.

There were 10 Cat 5 riders instead of 5, so the racing was harder but it was good to get practice moving around in a bigger group. Didn't get eliminated on my first lap in the miss and out this time The scratch didn't go so great, and I tried like hell in the tempo but got dropped off the back. It's hella hard to get back on the wheel and there we no letting up in that race. Met another Cat 5 newbie who was also just starting.

End of the night the 1/2s did a madison which was great to watch.

I need to work in more sprints/intervals in my road riding for sure to try to get the power to stick with the pack, but it's still very fast and very fun

Number 88:

When I opened this thread I sure didn't expect to see a picture of myself! I'm #100 right behind you! This was my first night of track racing. I did the clinic back in 2017, but never made it down for a race.
I came down on a total whim. After work I was rushing to get the brakes taken off the bike, the tires changed, and the gearing changed. With 10 cat.5's there it was a good night for me to give it a try. I came back again this past week and am planning on coming all summer.
It was fun! Much more friendly then the road scene, and it really is cool how the locals come out and watch. I knew a few people already from doing the road races and crits.
I didn't get a video of the Miss & Out, but I got the other 2.
Scratch
Tempo
Likes For cyclinganomaly: