View Single Post
Old 01-31-20, 08:02 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,473 Times in 4,181 Posts
I dont have specific insurance for my bikes. Someone could open my garage and steal a dozen bikes worth...i dont know...$13000 or so to replace is a guess? Everything from a few kid's bikes that cost $300-500 to build up to a road bike I built in a framebuilding class thats thousands(i added it all up once and quickly decided to forget the exact amount).
It would suck to have to replace them and I wouldnt be able to replace any of them quickly because they are all limited either due to size(very large), age(many from the 80s), or because all have been built up by me with specific components.

While it would suck, it wasnt a good financial decision to specifically insure them when I once discussed costs. It was actually a really bad financial decision to insure them.
I would need to live in a high crime area with a lot of super expensive bikes in order to make it worth considering.