Old 02-23-20, 05:39 PM
stephr1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
Don't know how many may see this (or even care , given the age of the thread....and since it's been abt a year since I switched to Finish Line Dry exclusively I thought it might be time for another update.

I had developed, what seemed like, chain skip. Figured out it wasn't skip but rather stick between chain and chain ring (and while I believe it was related, it's kind of a whole other story). At the same time I figured out the stick issue, I could tell it was time to redo the drive train (chain stretch, worn teeth on both cassette and chain rings).

One of the things I discovered as I removed the rear wheel to replace the cassette was there was a very serious build up of gunk sitting packed in between the outer end of the cassette and the frame dropout. I never had that problem when using White Lightning Dry (build up on the chain but nowhere else). I had gotten use to the mixture of dirt and gunk on the chain itself, and maybe a bit on the cogs, but had never seen this. And it was kind of "ooey gooey", I-don't-really-want-to-touch-that kind of stuff.

So, I am switching back to White Lightning Dry, in case anyone is even remotely interested I don't ride in wet conditions, so the issue of White Lightning and water isn't really an issue for me.

So, fwiw...cheers....

Last edited by stephr1; 02-24-20 at 12:53 AM.