View Single Post
Old 07-28-20, 10:53 AM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3350 Post(s)
Liked 3,617 Times in 1,239 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
It was 6-8 weeks, depending upon road conditions. I'm thinking that maybe I should go to every 800 miles or so...

I used to use a dipstick, but I picked up a "syringe" a couple months back. Injecting isn't really any easier, but now I can suck out old sealant without breaking the bead, which is handy.
That looks handy. I think I need to try and re-do the rear wheel on my MTB. It's had a slow leak for a while but it was managable, now it seems like it will only hold like 20 psi. I'll overinflate it up to around 30 right before a ride but after a short while I'm feeling the rim bottoming out on roots, which shouldn't happen at all at 30 psi. I have some Orange Seal tape that I might try to throw on top of the Stans that's there now.

Originally Posted by WhyFi
In checking my component mileage (the tires were last serviced almost exactly a month ago, about 900 miles), I see that I crossed the 2500 mile mark on the Cervelo this morning.

I should cross 1k on the shiny bike on my next ride. I've only had it for almost three seasons
Likes For abshipp: