View Single Post
Old 07-17-19, 08:46 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
Liked 1,703 Times in 937 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnDThompson
MKS also makes an affordable copy of the Lyotard mod. 23 pedal. The large tab on this design makes it easy to get your foot in the clip; an important featrure on a fixed gear bike particularly.

https://www.jensonusa.com/MKS-Urban-Platform-Road-Pedal

My only complaint with this pedal (and the White Industries version) is that they do not accommodate a slotted cleat. So, I'm sticking with my mod. 23s.
I haven't tried the MKS Urban Platform- I got it in my head that I REALLY wanted the WI pedals. Got obsessed with them- then didn't even take them out of the packaging for 6-8 months. There's not too many CNC looking bike things that I really like.

What I did notice RIGHT away is that either these pedals go forward of the spindle than the old pedals, or the toe clips are not bent in the same places as with my SP-11s (I'll have to measure). Since I ride a 54/21" frame- there can be some toe overlap- and that happened before even getting to the bottom of the driveway.

The other thing is that the support under the foot is different than the either of the SR pedals I'm used to. (duh... different pedals)

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.