View Single Post
Old 01-19-20, 06:48 PM
Pirategrad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would really consider before purchasing. I had the previous generation and had a overall good experience. I was very excited to hear that the CE her nation would integrate with Garmin.

So far this integration has been very inconsistent and has never worked correctly. i have resorted to manually starting both when I begin a ride. My Bontrager Ion Pro and Varia Radar lights work beautifully with my Garmin Edge 1030 and previous Edge 820.battery life for both the Fly 12 and Fly 6 is pretty bad. I can’t get more than 2.5 hours on a long bike ride. The video quality is the only reason why i continue to use them. Support is responsive but again they have never resolved the integration promised. They had an app at the beginning and that quietly went away. Their instructions are straight forward and you can create a light network but it’s hit or miss to start up and record when you start a ride. Great idea, nice quality built hardware but inconsistent integration and battery life. Sorry for being the pert pooper.

Last edited by Pirategrad; 01-26-20 at 06:34 PM.