Old 04-24-17, 04:30 PM
miyata man

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today while looking through the archives for racing/training material I came across this.

Originally Posted by Ygduf
are you saying to cherry pick from other parts of my life to validate my worth, or to cherry pick certain races and try to remain competitive despite having my life ruined by this unwanted second child! They'll be delivered via c-section for sure, but whichever is pulled out second is growing up wearing potato sacks and grocery bags with arm holes cut out.
For starters, the kids always come first, which you are no doubt aware of now. So I hope there is a big and tall grocery store near you that tailors for the cyclist build. Next, a lot of your development is tied to theirs. I'd feel very confident postulating for them how the second parent is effecting ruining parts of their lives that validate them through competition.

You're right of course. Cars are getting faster, people less attentive, and both are getting more numerous. I'm not going to repeat my unsolicited thoughts here. I will say, compared to Scarponi, your job and the people you work for are much less likely to result in your wife getting "the call" than someone else getting "the email". Scheibo recently mentioned your time up OLH being respectable and I didn't realize just how recent that placing was. Less than the year plus however many days old your kids are now.

From that same thread quoted above here is what GC thought of your ninny leanings. Get back to us when they discover matches or make that exclusive pre-pre selection you just know we'll all be so proud of we'll need pictures and a birth story to fully absorb our feeling on the matter.

Originally Posted by globecanvas
Those of us who already have twins, plus other kids too, would like you to stop complaining about the twins.
Edit:
Originally Posted by Ygduf
yeah, not trying to be a total downer but the whole thing is making me kind of sad. I've never connected with anything like I have cycling and am overall feeling sad about it.
Liar, an open buffet.

Last edited by miyata man; 04-24-17 at 04:35 PM.