brooklyn6640

Bikes: Tommasini, Caad 7 , Seven, Pinarello

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bertinjim
brooklyn6640-

I had GC 450s on braze on mounts on a frameset and I do not recall issues with noise on the OEM brake pads. I didn't use them for an extended period nor under extreme conditions. They are one of the most beautiful brakesets ever made but keep in mind the following: 1. the braze on pivot posts are a unique diameter due to the ball bearing pivots; 2. no other Weinmann/Dia Compe braze-on post will work with the 450's arms; 3. No other Weinmann / Dia Compe centerpull brake arms will fit the 450 pivots; 4. the brake shoe posts are 1 mm different in diameter than normal, smooth posts and do not accept Mafac or any other post; 5. I believe the shoe/pad configuration is unique and I know of no direct replacement pad (I looked back then) and 6. the very small diameter straddle cable ends will weld themselves into the brake arm end holes unless you lube them on assembly, especially in a corroding environment. When you commit to GC 450s or their longer reach cousins, you commit totally and forever barring complete replacement of the brake caliper/pivot assembly.
Hi You talk about this vertion:?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dia-Compe-G...ePsMvT-lp-nU_g
the pad holder and brakes pas seem to be like shimano model.