Old 10-14-19, 12:41 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2363 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 1,191 Posts
Picked up a red/white '86 (?) Saturday. No wheelset, seller kept the Turbo saddle (part of the price agreement), but otherwise mostly original. $75. Sorry, no "as bought" pics, and no time to park it in front of a less busy background.

Came with a Profile clip-on tri bar, and a set of Look pedals from BITD (torqued down crazy tight!); I just swapped in some test ride pedals. For some reason, the brake cables were reversed ; maybe that was done when the PO installed the clip-on.

My first bike made with:

Serial number begins N5M, but by all appearances it's an '86 bike, by the livery and build. Wasn't "rode hard", but was definitely "put away wet". That rust above the Tange sticker is no doubt from a frame pump. Other bits of bubbling like that here and there, around the front derailleur band, etc. Frame was absolutely dull from garage dust; the white panels looked like a bad gray smoke job. Cool "fade" handlebar tape was hacked up to accomodate the tri bar. Shift cables were so rusty it wouldn't shift. Much-maligned Sugino "measure this" seat post was NOT stuck, thank the stars. Frame is a 56cm, fit-wise, it's close on stand-over, but it's just right wrt saddle height. I may swap the Technomic stem for something with shorter reach. Otherwise, it's already a blast to ride.

Last edited by madpogue; 10-14-19 at 01:24 PM.
Likes For madpogue: