View Single Post
Old 08-09-20, 05:22 PM
sweeks

Bikes: Airborne "Carpe Diem", Motobecane "Mirage", Trek 6000, Strida 2, Dahon "Helios XL", Dahon "Mu XL", Tern "Verge S11i"

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked 589 Times in 404 Posts
Originally Posted by aaronmichael
The trouble would be the angle of the spokes on that small of a wheel if it was laced 3x? What spoke length did you end up using for that wheel build in the photograph? What (or whose) method of 2x lacing did you use? Thanks for the input.
The spoke length was determined using an on-line spoke-length calculator; I don't remember the length but it's not transferable to another wheel unless the hub and rim are *identical*. The calculator (there are several on line, and as far as I can tell they all give comparable results, I used more than one) has worked for me every time I've used it (them), and I've built all of about 6 wheels!
The method I use is Roger Musson's excellent (and inexpensive!) book on WHEELBUILDING.

EDIT: I don't remember if Musson specifically addresses "cross-2" lacing, but it's not hard to figure out if the spokes are the right length... which they should be if you've inputted all the necessary data correctly.

Last edited by sweeks; 08-09-20 at 05:29 PM.