Old 06-22-19, 10:07 AM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge
U23 ITT did not work out so well. We flew in and got to hotel for bike check about 5:30PM before close @6:00 the evening before. Extensions were 1cm over. That messed with cables (too long to go into) and net result was no brakes. Bought new pads - kinda brakes. Equipment issues and no time to pre-ride. Next morning start was 7:48. Time was way off and significantly slower than last year when junior has been/is running better, but bigger. It was so far off we are not even going to see if a brake was rubbing. Left that day, flew to Denver. Flight was delayed and got to eat Ethiopian food with kid, left him in Denver. I'm sleep deprived and got home this AM.

Winner started 5th and came in 2nd and blew the doors off all other times. He is in contention for winning the PRO ITT next week.
I always enjoy these things. LUX team is totally dominate in juniors taking wins in 3 categories and sweeping podium in M17-18 ITT.

That's super frustrating.

Garrison is on another level. I raced him a few times when he was coming up 2-3 years ago. Then he went to Canada last year and started really slaying. Yesterday was just absurd.

First Internet Bank swept the amateur nationals podium. Bassett apparently solo bridged up to them in the last few miles. I've raced against him for years. The nicest guy ever and absolutely and incredibly talented. A few years ago at the state crit I set up for the last corner to go for the win and he came on my inside with his bike nearly parallel to the ground. He wins nearly every time he shows up to a local race. And not be utter physical domination, which he's certainly capable of doing, but with true race savvy. He's the total package.

But that team has to be in the talk for the best team in America right now. Not just the best amateur team, but possibly THE best team. After Redlands, Joe Martin, and this... next week should be fun to watch at US Pro, too.

Some good riders in the south.