Thread: Addiction LXXV
View Single Post
Old 08-22-19, 12:35 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by seedsbelize
Even if I'm using tape?
I bought a Cannondale under seat bag a few months ago, because it was a good price, large, and Cannondale. Turns out it was built as a spare tubular sleeve. Predestiny.
Yeah, the air pressure will keep the tire on for careful riding. No screaming descents. You wouldn't want to tape your spare on the road. Most folks carry either an older, nearly used up tire as a spare or an inexpensive training tire. Dentists tend to carry the lightest, most expensive tire they can find as a spare, something like a track tire. But in any of those cases the spare isn't what you want to use day in and day out, so you don't make the tire change a permanent thing by taping it. What you can do is get a tube of glue and put a thin layer on the spare. After it dries there will still be enough tack left to provide you some extra security. And folding up that lightly glued tire for storage under your saddle or in your back pocket won't be terribly messy. And, like I said, with careful riding you won't have any worries. Then you just put the spare back under your seat when you make the more permanent installation of the road tire replacement back at the house.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...