Thread: Addiction LXXV
View Single Post
Old 08-22-19, 01:16 PM
seedsbelize 
smelling the roses

Bikes: 79 Trek 930, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe (coupled), 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7081 Post(s)
Liked 901 Times in 612 Posts
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
Yeah, the air pressure will keep the tire on for careful riding. No screaming descents. You wouldn't want to tape your spare on the road. Most folks carry either an older, nearly used up tire as a spare or an inexpensive training tire. Dentists tend to carry the lightest, most expensive tire they can find as a spare, something like a track tire. But in any of those cases the spare isn't what you want to use day in and day out, so you don't make the tire change a permanent thing by taping it. What you can do is get a tube of glue and put a thin layer on the spare. After it dries there will still be enough tack left to provide you some extra security. And folding up that lightly glued tire for storage under your saddle or in your back pocket won't be terribly messy. And, like I said, with careful riding you won't have any worries. Then you just put the spare back under your seat when you make the more permanent installation of the road tire replacement back at the house.
Thanks Penman. I watched a couple videos and am now shopping for tape. The earlier tape videos I watched the tape was very different.