Old 08-19-18, 09:50 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
Liked 1,704 Times in 937 Posts
Originally Posted by ryansu
According to bike fit I am built wrong, my legs are too short for my body as a result of having a long torso. I only have a 30 inch inseam but I ride 58 cm frames for vintage bikes, that means the stand over is pretty much non existent but the longer tt accommodates my torso, also I end up showing less than a fistful of seatpost as wisdom suggests.

I end up ignoring standard fit advice and going with what is comfortable YMMV
I've been in the process of getting a new, modern steel bike.

I seriously didn't know until a couple of weeks ago that I can't stand over my bikes. Not a one of them.

I wear 30 inch trousers- and it occurred to me that I probably don't wear shorter trousers because that's how short they usually go in the mens' section and I don't want to shop in the boys' section. Plus, I prefer my waistline to be a bit higher- because shirts are always short on me.

So I normally ride 21" bikes, and I've really found 2 bikes that feel like home to me... I kind of thought it's because I know how cool they are- but really with a 55 and 56.1 top tube- it makes sense they fit me better with a longer torso.

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.