Brocephus
Professional amateur

Bikes: Does a Big Wheel count ?

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by DomaneS5
Changing a flat sucks no matter the situation. Easier in the garage..... less so out in the wild.
While admittedly, it ain't no party, if you have some cooperative tires, it can be an outright breeze. My last couple flats, first I've had in a couple years, couldn't have been less of a delay or headache.
One happened at a local country gas station, that has some covered picnic tables (where, coincidentally, I do a lot of my Craigslist-type meets). I flipped the mtn bike upside down on a table, replaced the tube, pumped it up,and hit the road !
Easy peasy !
The other was on my road bike. I was checking the bike and getting my bottles ready for an early ride the next morning, and saw that my front was flat. I grabbed my changing gear, and took it inside where I had TV and air conditioning, and patched that one, and had it all back together in about 10 minutes. That one was so quick and easy I'd have almost called it fun !! (especially in comparison to some, that have been highly inconvenient and a real headache).
Likes For Brocephus: