View Single Post
Old 12-14-19, 08:53 PM
Noctilux.95

Bikes: Bianchi Oltre XR4 Celeste, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Giant TCR SL, Giant Revolt Advanced Revolt 0 Gravel Bike, Trek Madone SLR, Cervelo R5 Disk

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by guadzilla
So i actually ended up buying a frame.

The background - I wasnt really looking to purchase immediately (given that I just bought a Venge Pro with CLX 64s wheels 3 weeks ago), but was merely toying with the idea of getting a climbing/training bike to go with the Venge. And I wasnt looking to spend too much for this bike - so was thinking something mid-end. The Orbea i started off with was going to be a fun alternative to my stable of mostly black bikes, but I was also considering a Giant TCR (killer value) and Trek Emonda SLR (super light).
Then I came across a killer deal on a R5 frameset on Bike24.de, and ended up pulling the trigger.

I am gonna take some time building this up. Likely gonna get Hunt wheels and some sort of integrated bar+stem with internal cabling, but still undecided on the groupset. Leaning towards either a Force eTap or pulling the Ultegra Di2 off the Venge and upgrading THAT to Di2 (will depend on whether I decide to go all Shimano or all SRAM with my bikes - been a SRAM guy all the way, so far).
Haha I ordered the same frameset from Bike24 on November 25th and still waiting for the damn thing to arrive. Nearly $100 in shipping charges with no tracking from a third rate carrier like DHL. When it does arrive (hopefully), I plan on building mine with Dura Ace 9170 di2, with already purchased Enve 5.6 disk wheels and Enve SES aero cockpit. I'll post some pics when it arrives.