eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Liked 584 Times in 439 Posts
Originally Posted by SparkyCanada
Hi there.

What do most road cyclists do regarding indoor trainers when the weather is not cooperating?

Do people use the same bike on their indoor trainer or do you have a separate bike for the trainer?

Wondering if people are constantly hauling their road bike indoors - removing the back wheel (for trainers that require this) and mounting it on the trainer for a day or 2 - then putting the tire back on when the weather is nice...?

During the winter I use my hybrid bike with studded tires for the snow - so when the snow falls - it's not an issue - I place my road bike on the trainer and there it stays until the roads are clear...

Thanks,

SparkyCanada
I had this brilliant idea back in September when I purchased a Tacx Vortex... Didn't realize that my bike has tubeless tires, and that I would need to buy another rear wheel, cassette if I didn't want all the hassle related to swapping the trainer tire on my current wheels 2x per year. Plus, I need to convert my thru-axle to a quick release.

I am planning on buying a cheaper road bike to commute to work, and use it on the trainer during winter, instead. Plus, I didn't like the idea of wearing my components unevenly.

Haven't touched a bicycle since November