Old 02-06-21, 07:55 AM
zimm

Bikes: 93 Stumpjumper FS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need a high end "family bike"

Long story short- I'm in Italy. Getting ready to head to Japan for a few years. Just sold my 29'er full suspension, my '93 Stumpjumper (converted to bar hopper) is in storage, and I sold my Felt roadie before shipping out over here. I want a "city bike" to ride around with my family- wife is on a Townie, kids are on high end 24" MTB's.

Being a long time biker, I want something to be proud of to own. Budget $1500-2000. Intrigued by the Gates CDX belt drives as they won't grease up my pants for a quick run to the store. Also they look cool.

Mostly paved roads. Gravel paths here and there. Probably want fenders and rear rack too. I want something that rolls good, can handle dropping off a curb, handle wet pavement, cobble stones, etc. Not weighing a ton would be nice too. Seems some of these hybrids weight more than my 29" MTB did.

Was looking at the Specialized Sirrus X4 or X5. Then there's the Spot Acme, but I think I'll have issues getting one shipped to Italy. There's a Bianchi shop here on base, but I'm not really fond of their line up.