Old 03-27-16, 08:44 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1243 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707 View Post
I've been trying to find 165's to re-outfit a couple of my road bikes for a month now. Problem is i'm a nerd so i'm not going to buy a new Dura Ace or Ultegra crank to put on an otherwise D-A 7700 or 7800 bike

165's are out there as they are OEM on a lot of short bikes, and you can order anything brand new i guess, but not a lot of 165's (road stuff) are out there in the aftermarket. I just want to open the hip agle to achieve a little more comfortable position while i'm riding in the drops

Regarding bike weight - one should pick up one of the Trimble built GT's or a Corima-- I guess now these are pretty dated but they were ridden by the best in the world at 18-20 pounds depending on size. I recall our Superdrome hotshoe, Jeff Labauve,s bike having a steel fork, steerer and a tall Salsa mtb looking riser stem to boot --- a heavy bike, but darn tough to argue with results. You needed a bit of substance to deal with 225 lb guys putting out 2300 or so peak watts
You can find some budget 165mm road cranks. I found some. Them make them for Jr racers. They are inexpensive.

For example, SRAM Apex for like $150: https://www.sram.com/sram/road/produ...-apex-crankset