Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
Originally Posted by Rides4Beer
It's interesting the amount of pushback this thread is receiving, almost like people don't want to admit that the gear doesn't make as much of a difference as the rider does.

So the group was having a really good day yesterday, which helped me set some PRs. Well, except for the finishing sprint, which I won, guess everyone was blown up by then after helping me ride so fast.
Well it's conversation. You just never know where it's going to go once you voice it to the masses. You as the OP should certainly steer it to stay in line with what you are expecting. But don't be surprised if more are interested in the side conversation.

I did like your title though. For the most part and to a large extent it is the engine.

I don't think your PR's are so much about the type of bike as they are about how those two bikes fit you, are equipped with the proper gearing and yes even the proper tires for the route you ride. I wouldn't use a TT bike for a typical group ride. IMO a gravel bike is not much different than a road bike. Mostly just allowances for bigger tires. Between TT bike and the gravel bike, I'd expect the gravel bike is more appropriately geared for the route you ride.

But since I don't know what they actually are, those statements are just supposition on my part. You'll need to fill in the blanks.