Old 07-24-19, 06:54 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Originally Posted by curbtender
That would drive up the price of a backyard shed a bit. Wouldn't that be more of a commercial application? I have a hard enough time keeping my fire extinguisher up to date, lol.
Foam cannons/deluge guns, mostly military application to the best of my knowledge, it probably costs more than all of our salaries combined from what I can recall when we installed an AFFF (aqueous filming firefighting foam) system in a Navy AIMD hangar. Darned things would trigger from the light changes as people walked past their light sensors during night ops for the air wing (the sensors interpreted the signal as a flickering flame, rearmed them and solved that one.) Fortunately they were not connected to either the water of the AFFF tank system prior to being tested and accepted. Unnerving to walk past them and see them oscillating back and forth and the strobes flashing until we secured them. Now AFFF is going to be completely outlawed, it looks like. Possible carcinogen and deadly to aquatic biota when it gets in to the water table. I was the site engineers for the entire project on the contractor side

Back to @sloar's thread, sorry 'bout that.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13