View Single Post
Old 08-13-19, 01:49 PM
LesG

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
Rivet Saddle Question

Anyone own a Rivet leather saddle, more specifically a black one? The reason I ask is because I'm replacing my Brooks B17 which is almost the most comfortable saddle that I've found, at least for me that's the case. That is until I got a Berthoud which slightly beats out the Brooks in the comfort department. Have any of you Rivet owners experienced any bleeding of the saddle onto you cloths?

Over the winter months I was breaking in the Berthoud (black color) on a stationary bike I keep for maintaining some semblance of being fit during those winter months. The Berthoud has thicker leather and took/takes a longer time to break in but, for me, it ended up being more comfortable, particularly so after that break in time, compared to the Brooks. The Berthoud has one flaw I have never experienced with the Brooks. The black leather bleeds/rubs off on my clothes. If not for that I'd be replacing the Brooks with the Berthoud. Yeah, I guess I could wear black shorts or put some sort of cover over the Berthoud but I'd rather not. Also the only product I've used on the Berthoud (Brooks too for that matter) was Brooks Proofide back when I first got it. With the above in mind, I'm on a quest to find another leather saddle that maybe beats out the Berthoud for comfort or at least equals it.

Last edited by LesG; 08-13-19 at 01:54 PM.