Old 12-18-17, 03:18 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by GrainBrain

I hope all goes well - kinda wish we could get some of that snow down in central Iowa.

What was up with the mtb corporation comment in the video? I also read the forum posts, laughed when I saw someone very opposed quote bumper stickers. "Mountain bicyclists eat their dead"

The elderly living facility sounds like the greatest challenge - that's like prodding a hornets nest!

It's kinda funny that the senior apartment is so opposed to change (single-track trails)... 'cause they just built that seniors apartment last year.

To the "outside interests" and "forcing change in our city for their interests" comments ... a large company with many locations around town forced this seniors apartment in as quickly as possible, breaking leases with businesses that were on that site. We had a long relationship with a dog boarding facility that was on that property, they was forced out far ahead of schedule, leaving people scrambling to rebook their dogs - including me with a reservation for Thanksgiving week. It took them nearly two years to get a new building set up for boarding dogs.

I know too much about the history of this area and this current oppositions to bike trails just gets my blood pressure up!